FORTIFIED Roof™ (formerly FORTIFIED Bronze™) helps homes better withstand severe weather by keeping the roof on and keeping water out.
- Improves roof sheathing attachment
- Provides a sealed roof deck
- Reduces chances of attic ventilation system failure (roof vents and gable end wall vents)
FORTIFIED Silver™ includes all the requirements of FORTIFIED Roof plus strengthens windows, doors, and gable ends and ensures attached structures like porches and carports are well anchored.
- Protects all openings (glazed openings, entry doors, garage doors)
- Strengthens gable ends and overhangs
- Improves the anchorage of attached structures
- Strengthens vinyl and aluminum soffits
FORTIFIED Gold™ adds to the FORTIFIED Roof and FORTIFIED Silver requirements by tying the structure together.
- Provides continuous load path connections to better tie your house together―keeping the roof connected to the upper walls, the upper walls connected to the lower walls, and the lower walls tied down into the foundation
- Adequately secures chimneys to the structure
- Ensures exterior walls provide resistance to wind pressures and debris impact
- Ensures windows and doors meet appropriate design pressures in addition to being protected from windborne debris